Iceland Air round trip tickets between Newark International Airport (EWR) and Keflavik International Airport (KEF) from June 17th to June 24th; Cost per person = $758.
Tip: Try to book at least 3-4 months in advance, especially if you are going during the summer solstice like we did. Two of my friends booked their tickets a month later and paid $200 more per person.
Mengi Apartments – 2bedrooms/1bath, fits up to 6 people and includes free WiFi; 4 nights for €1.280.
Comfy Guesthouse – 1 triple room with private toilet & shared shower that fits 3 people for €118/night; and 1 double room with shared bathroom that fits 2 people for €87,30/night. Free WiFi included.
Guesthouse Nyp – a family run bed & breakfast with only 2 guest rooms and a shared bathroom; each room is €110/night. Free WiFi included.
- Car Rental from Blue Car Rental – Kia Sorento 4×4 DIESEL with SAAP insurance, 2 extra drivers & GPS for 3 days for a total of 80.000kr
- Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa for “Comfor” tickets plus bus transfers for €83 each
- Evening Caving Tour – Cave Leiðarendi; from8pm to midnight; 9.900kr each
- Þórsmörk Volcano Hike – 6 to 8 hour hike up and back down the Fimmvörðuháls volcanoes; 33.291 kr each
- Golden Circle Half-Day Tour for €63 each
- Kayaking in the Westfjords for 11.000kr each
- Whale watching tour for 9.900kr each
- Museum of Witchcraft and Sorcery
Day 1 June 18
- Arrived at Keflavik International Airport and headed straight to the Blue Lagoon.
- Spent the morning in the lagoon and lunch at Lava Restaurant
- Checked into the Mengi Apartment around 4:30pm
- Did the evening caving tour from 8pm to midnight
Day 2 June 19
- Þórsmörk valley (Thorsmork valley) hiking adventure
- PAARTTYYY! (after a quick dinner and nap!)
Day 3 June 20
- Breakfast at Reykjavik Roasters
- Golden Circle Tour
- Walked around Reykjavik city center, went up Hallgrímskirkja church for its 360 degree view of the city, and visited the Harpa concert hall
- Dinner @ Tapas Barinn
- PAARTTYYY! (can’t get enough of it)
Day 4 June 21
- Brunch at Coocoo’s Nest
- Whale watching tour in the late afternoon
- Late dinner at Grillmarkaðurinn
- Watched the sunset (at midnight!)
Day 5 June 22
- Left Reykjavik around 9am for the village of Hólmavík (approx. 4 hour drive)
- Museum of Witchcraft and Sorcery and lunch at Hólmavík
- Kayaking in the afternoon at the village of Ögur
- Dinner at Tjöruhúsið (best meal I had in Iceland!)
- Overnight stay at the Comfy Guesthouse
Day 6 June 23
- Dynjandi Falls
- Raudasandur red sand beach
- Latrabjarg cliffs
- Overnight stay at Guesthouse Nyp
Day 7 June 24
- Drove from Guesthouse Nyp to Keflavik International Airport
- Afternoon flight back to the U.S.